Friday, May 21

Farm style living

Who knew I lived on a FARM?


Ok, so I don't really live on a farm but it sure feels like it sometimes. I all started when we lived in town, I was in 5th grade when we got the pug, Pugsely. Then for my 13th birthday I got my kitty cat, Zoe. A couple of years later we got Cj, my little sister's Norwegian Forest cat. Then of course a couple of months later brother wanted a dog, so we got O'ryan. Well we all fell in love with O'ryan but found out about a week after we adopted the cute puppy that he had parvo and we unfortunately we had to put him asleep. My twin was devastated by this loss so that Christmas my mom and dad surprised him with a black lab puppy. We named her Dixie and she was one crazy puppy. Within the year that we had her she chewed up numerous shoes and other household items. By the next October, Dixie was giving birth to 10 beautiful puppies. She was a great mother but unfortunately a week after giving birth to her litter she was killed. This death was a shock to the whole family.

We really had no idea how to take care of 10 week old puppies but we somehow cooped and all 10 puppies survived!

Of course after having to take care of all those puppies, we wanted to keep all of them, but we didn't need 10 more animals at our house. Conlyn was allowed to choose one puppy to keep (he choose the large male dog of the whole liter, Boogie) and the rest we gave away. Ok, so that's a lie. We ended up keeping one more of the puppies, Lacey Jo, who was the runt of the litter.

So after now keeping two of the puppies, this brought our total number of animals up to 5. That equaled an animal for each family member.

I bet you think that is all of them, right? Well for a couple of years that was correct, all up until my dad of all people found a stray kitten, who had a deformed paw that we like to call it the elephant huff. We named her Ally because she was found in an ally downtown.

Ally was a wild cat and she showed it. She did not like to be petted or even picked up. She would hiss and spit, something I have never seen before.

So, now with Ally this brought our family total to 5 humans and 6 animals.

That's enough right? Ok, it wasn't enough. You know how some people are hoards of stuff, well my family might be hoards of animals.

As of April we have another new addition to the family. Its the cutest little orange and white male kitten. We refer to him as Big O.

Now we are at 7 animals, and I thought we were done but then I remembered one of the loves of my life that I did not include in this farm list. That love would Hank, Tom and mines English Bulldog. Hank and I are rarely at my parents house but since we are here for a couple of weeks this brings the total to 8.

Yes, 8 animals is crazy and I do seem to live on an animal farm but I would have it no other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment