Friday, February 25

New Hobby Friday

I have a new hobby .......

ROCK CLIMBING

It all started about a year ago but this semester I have gone climbing every Friday! It is a fun different type of workout.  I am sore all over after a get back from a good climb and I am working muscle I never have before.

I enjoy bouldering more than I enjoy an actual climb. Bouldering is where you stay within about 10ft of the ground and climb with no harness.


This is what a boudlering wall looks like ----------->

Now if you are looking for a workout where you can look cute and not get dirty this is not the sport for you. I have blisters and cracks all over my hands from the rocks and so much caulk under my nails. But I promise if you don't care about being sore, having rough hands and caulk all over you then you enjoy this sport.

Now for this sport you really don't want to wear shorts, you bang up your legs and it can become painful plus you have to wear one of these         --------->
and shorts just aren't comfortable in a harness.


Now to the shoes, I love shoes so being able to pick your own shoes is a major benefit. At most climbing walls you can rent shoes and harness which is wonderful when you are starting out and trying to decided if the sport is for you. Once you decided that you love the sport as much as I do, you get to start looking for your own gear.

Now, since I am new to the rock climbing world I don't have any real recommendations at this time but once I find things that I love you better bet I will post on them!!

Do you like to climb? Do you have any recommendation for gear on a tight budget?


No comments:

Post a Comment