Wednesday, March 2

A fallen Soldier....

I don't know if you have watched the news today, but there was a shooting at the Frankfurt Airport in Germany. Two Air Force soldiers were killed and another two were wounded.

I was working in the research lab today when I read this head line for the first time. To be honest I didn't think much of it, other than the fact that I was sadden for those soldiers families.

Soon after I read the article the story past out of my working memory and I forgot about it, that is until I received a random phone call from the boyfriend tonight. He was acting weird and I soon realized it was because he was crying. Tom never cries and all I could get out of him was that his cousin had been killed today.

Then the article come back into my mind......

His cousin was stationed at the air force base in Germany.

 Tom never cries and to be honest I was in total shock from what he was telling me. Before I knew it he was rushing to get off the phone to talk to his brother but all I could get out of my mouth was I'm so sorry.... but all I was really thinking was my brother leaves for active duty tomorrow and Tom's brother is probably going to be going to Germany soon and gosh darn why did Tom have to join the military?

I only met Zac once .... but once is enough to know that he didn't deserve what that man did today in Germany. No one deserves that. He family doesn't deserve that.



PLEASE KEEP TOM'S FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. 

and remember to keep every soldier who is fighting for us and our freedom in your prayers.

(Out of respect to Zac and his family, I don't want to release to many details)


1 comment:

  1. http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=14180464

    Here is an updated story from the news

    ReplyDelete